Dataset Custom Links
Data Owners can choose to add custom links to a dataset. There are two steps to this process:
- Creating a custom link
- Adding a custom link to a dataset
Creating the custom link
Users with administrative permissions can create custom links. They do this by accessing the Vocabularies tab via the Administer menu:
Upon opening the Vocabularies tab, the user should select the Dataset Links option from the list of customisable items:
This will open the table below:
Users should enter the information required:
- Name - this will display in the UI when the link is added to a dataset
- URL - the URL the link should take users to
- Target - if left blank the link will open in the existing tab when selected, if the user wishes the link to open in a different tab they should add '_blank' to this field
- Description - the description of the link will display when a user hovers over it in the UI
When they have entered this information the user should select Modify to save the new link.
Adding a custom link to a dataset
Data owners can add existing custom links to a dataset on the dataset administration tab.
When the tab is open, the user can select which custom link they would like to add from the drop down below.
When the selected link has been added, the user will get the following confirmation message:
The next time the user opens the dataset, the custom link will be visible in the ribbon menu for the dataset.
Using custom links to send FAIR codes to external sites
This feature can also be used to send FAIR dataset codes to external applications by using the following format: