Registering for a FAIR Account
Before you can access FAIR, you need to register yourself as a user. You should have received a URL from your organisation, or directly from Aridhia, where you can register yourself. Follow these steps to sign up:
1. Register and verify your email address
Go to the address specified by your organisation; you will be presented with a screen like the following:
Click on the "Sign up now" link near the bottom and you'll be directed to a page like this:
Enter your email address and click 'Send verification code'. This will send an email to your email address with a code in it which you need to verify your e-mail address. You should receive this e-mail in your inbox shortly after clicking the button. Note, it might arrive in your Junk Mail folder. If the verification code hasn't arrived after about five minutes, go back to the website and use the 'Send New Code' button. Once you've received the verification code, enter it into the form and click 'Verify Code'. If you haven't already done so, fill out the rest of the fields and then click the 'Create' button. You'll shortly be directed to the phone number registration page.
2. Register your phone number
You should now be seeing a form like this:
Select the country that your phone is registered in and enter your full mobile number. You now have the choice to validate your phone number by a code via SMS or by a call.
- To validate by SMS, Click the 'Send Code' button and you will shortly receive a code my SMS. Enter this information the form and it will automatically verify the code.
- To validate by phone, Click the 'Call me' button and you will receive a call. Follow the instructions on this call to register.
3. Confirm your details
You will be asked to confirm some details which you entered at the beginning of the registration process. You may also be asked to add some more details about yourself. Fill in the fields on screen and click 'Continue'.
4. Await Authorisation
If your organisation administrator requires you to be manually assigned permissions when you first sign-in, you should now see an Awaiting Authorisation screen.
Your organisation administrator or Aridhia will give you the appropriate permissions to access the service and notify you when these permissions have been applied, at which point you will be able to access FAIR Data Services.
Alternatively, you may be auto-assigned permissions upon first sign-in if your instance of FAIR is configured for this.
De-Registering from FAIR
In order to de-register from FAIR, contact our Service Desk to either:
- Remove all your permissions (i.e unapprove your user) while keeping your user present within the service (e.g. you will return later), or
- remove your user completely from the service.