Welcome to the COVID-19 Workbench (the COVID-19 Workbench), a service hosted and operated by Aridhia on behalf of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (the Foundation ), a Washington charitable trust and a member of the International COVID-19 Data Research Alliance ( ICODA ). The purpose of the COVID-19 Workbench is to unite data from international clinical trials and biomedical and health research to enable discoveries that benefit all people, everywhere, by reducing the harm of the COVID-19 pandemic and future pandemics (the Purpose ).
Unless otherwise specifically stated, the COVID-19 Workbench contains anonymized data (the Workbench Data ), which has been provided by third parties (the Data Contributors ) for the Purpose.
By accessing the COVID-19 Workbench you agree to:
- Not copy, download, transfer or otherwise remove from the COVID-19 Workbench to any external location or share with any other person any Workbench Data (other than data uploaded by you) unless you have received specific written approval from ICODA and comply with paragraph 4 below.
- Not upload any personal data as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation ( Personal Data ) to the Workbench.
- Not attempt to identify individuals from the Workbench Data or to aggregate Workbench Data with other data that could enable individual identification.
- Ensure that all statistical results and outputs: (a) are fully anonymized such that no individual can be identified; (b) do not contain any Personal Data; (c) do not breach any individual's privacy, any provision of UK GDPR or other applicable laws in any applicable jurisdiction; and (d) comply with any applicable data use agreements you may have entered into relating to the COVID-19 Workbench.
- Communicate any results of research in an open access publication, including such attribution, acknowledgement or accreditation to the researcher, project, ICODA, COVID-19 Workbench, and Data Contributors and participants as ICODA may determine, and in accordance with the ICODA Publication and Attribution policies.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and rules in using the COVID-19 Workbench and Workbench Data.
- Comply with your organization's applicable policies and processes, including but not limited to any policies or processes relating to security, confidentiality, data protection, and ethical reviews.
- Comply with all ICODA principles.
- Not attempt to bypass or override the built-in COVID-19 Workbench security controls including, but not limited to:
- Inbound connectivity controls and restrictions
- Outbound connectivity controls and restrictions
- Workspace segregation and permissions
- Virus scanning
- Supported data ingestion methods
- Supported data extract mechanisms including Airlock approved exports and transfers between Workspaces.
(together the Security Controls ).
- Keep your allocated username and password secure, not disclose them to anyone else, and not allow anyone else to use them.
- Log out or lock your screen if you leave your workstation unattended for any length of time.
Data uploaded by you
If you upload data to the COVID-19 Workbench for your own use, you represent and warrant that: (a) such data does not contain Personal Data and when aggregated with Workbench Data will not enable identification of any individual; (b) you have all rights, title, and interest in and to such data required to upload and use such data in the COVID-19 Workbench; (c) such data does not and will not infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party rights including but not limited to third party intellectual property rights and the rights of data subjects under applicable data protection laws; and (d) you have all full and proper consents, permissions, approvals, authorizations, and legal bases necessary to permit the disclosure, transfer (including cross-border transfer), storage, maintenance, and use of such data on the COVID-19 Workbench.
Representations; Disclaimer of Warranties
ARIDHIA, FOUNDATION, ICODA MEMBERS, AND DATA CONTRIBUTORS MAKE NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, USABILITY, ACCURACY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE COVID-19 WORKBENCH, ANY DATA CONTAINED IN THE WORKBENCH, ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, ANY NON-PUBLIC OR OTHER INFORMATION, TANGIBLE RESEARCH PROPERTY, OR ANY OTHER PROPERTY, INFORMATION, DATA OR RIGHT LICENSED HEREUNDER AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS THE SAME.
ICODA may publicly disclose your name, project title and a list of datasets accessed by you.
Unless otherwise indicated, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.