Metadata is hugely important in the lifecycle and maintenance of good data. Workspaces allows you to add, update, maintain and export metadata for their datasets.
As soon as a dataset has begun uploading, you can add metadata using the Add Metadata function.
From the Dataset Overview or Dataset preview, select the "Edit Metadata" option in the sidebar.
Adding metadata manually
The following fields are available to specify or change metadata for the dataset:
- Title – The title of the dataset.
- Source – The source of the dataset. This is a text field which could be used to supply an URL or any other description of the source of the data.
- Description – A description of the dataset.
The following metadata can also be set for each column in the dataset:
- Label – a label for the dataset column.
- Description – a description of the column.
Dataset metadata can be viewed in the Dataset preview as well as in the Edit Metadata tab.